Reading Center

I LOVE this new sign I made for my Reading Center.  It was super easy to make!
I purchased my letters at Hobby Lobby.  I found them a few weeks ago when they were on sale for 50% off- score!  They are regularly $2.99 per letter.  Next, I chose some scrapbook paper, I chose a different paper for each letter, I have a blue and green theme this year, and I had these coordinating papers already at home.  I flipped the letters upside down on top of the paper and traced around them, and then cut them out.  I did have to erase some pencil marks on the letters.  Then I used a little Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the letters.  I decided not to put any Modge Podge on top of the letters.  I didn't want them to have that grainy effect you sometimes get with the Modge Podge on top.  They are a little fragile since there isn't Modge Podge on top, but they are hanging high enough on the wall that little fingers shouldn't touch them.  Last, I hung them on my wall with Mounting Putty.  They are a little heavy, so I used a lot! 
Here is a close up of one:

Have you ever done a similar project?  They would be SUPER cute in a kid's bedroom with their name!

No comments

Translate

Back to Top